In this section
Develop, enhance, and sustain environments and policies that support healthy eating, active living, and breastfeeding.
Increase the percentages of youth and adults in Nebraska that meet federal recommendations for healthy eating, active living, and breastfeeding initiation, duration, and exclusivity.
Decrease the prevalence of obesity and associated chronic diseases in Nebraska.
The Nebraska Physical Activity and Nutrition State Plan is built around the six Priority Goals of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity.
- Increase physical activity
- Increase consumption of fruits & vegetables
- Increase breastfeeding initiation, duration, and exclusivitiy
- Reduce high energy-dense food consumption
- Decrease sugar-sweetened beverage consumption
- Decrease television viewing